Love Your Block Award Benefits
Over the two years of the grant term, selected cities will be provided with:
- $40,000 in funding for program implementation and volunteer-led mini-grant projects
- $60,000 in funding to support a local full-time Love Your Block Fellow from the community
- The Love Your Block Fellow must be an individual from the community being served, have a track record of building local relationships, and cannot be related to city hall staff or elected officials.
- Up to two AmeriCorps VISTA members each year to support city leaders in engaging low-income community members in this work
- AmeriCorps VISTA members’ time must be used in accordance with the core principles of the VISTA program: an anti-poverty focus, community empowerment, sustainable solutions, and capacity building. Click here to learn more about AmeriCorps.
- High-touch consulting services and programmatic support from Cities of Service
- Peer-to-peer networking with current and former Love Your Block grantees
- Invitations to annual gatherings
- Recognition as a Love Your Block grantee cities in Cities of Service collateral, including on our website and other media